WAPA General Meeting at iWeek, 21 September
Notice is hereby given that the WAPA General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 21 September 2011, from 14:30 – 17:30, at The Royal Elephant Hotel and Conference Centre (Corner of Willem Botha and Wierda Roads, Bondev Park, Eldoraigne)
An Agenda is appended below.
If you are a WAPA member, please go here to confirm attendance.
Notice is also given that the revised Constitution, Code of Conduct and Complaints Procedure will be tabled for adoption at the GM. These have been circulated on the Members list on 23 May 2011.
// PROGRAMME //
14:30 – 15:00 Regulatory Workshop (Sumaiyah Makda – Ellipsis)
Compliance obligations of licensees, including submission of required reports to ICASA.
15:00 – 15:40 WAPA Members’ Showcase
1. Gold Sponsor: Easyweb Wireless
2. Silver Sponsor: True Technologies
3. Silver Sponsor: Azotel Technologies
15:40 – 16:00 Interference discussion
16:00 – 16:30 Tea break
16:30 – 17:30 WAPA GM
Closed to members, and those interested parties who have confirmed attendance with the Secretariat before 15 September 2011 and to which attendance the Management Committee has consented in terms of clause 10.7 of the Constitution.
//WAPA GM Agenda //
2. Agree on items to be discussed on the agenda
3. Take register and note apologies
4. Approval of the minutes of the last AGM, held on Friday 26 November 2010
5. Chairperson’s report (Henk Kleynhans)
6. Treasurer’s report (Abraham van der Merwe)
7. Working group reports:
– Code of Conduct (Abraham van der Merwe)
– Marketing (Craig Stewart)
– Business Enabling (Nicola Smith)
– Spectrum (Henk Kleynhans)
– Regulatory (Christopher Geerdts)
– Training (Christopher Geerdts)
8. Adoption of revised Constitution , Code of Conduct and Complaints Procedure (Sumaiyah Makda – Ellipsis)
9. General matters